The serving’s actually small, about half the usual bowl you see in most ramen bars. Despite that, the hot broth enhances the spiciness, and the noodles are firm and tasty. The extra ingredients are also prepared just fine. Cheap ramen is cheap, but I find this one to my liking.
Bistro Remedios was opened by Larry J. Cruz (the restaurateur who owned Café Adriatico, which is incidentally just across the street) in 1984, at the corner of Adriatico and Remedios Streets. Its menu features an ever-evolving selection of Filipino and Southeast Asian delicacies.
Filipino food enthusiasts may recognize Kapampangan touches in its menu. One example is their version of fried frog legs served in a bed of onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Another is Crispy Spiced Kamaru or sauteed rice field crickets, a seasonal exotic dish sought after by hardcore foodies.
Meat lovers would like Bistro’s version of Kalderetang Kambing, a countryside delicacy of goat meat stewed in tomato sauce, made more flavorful by sauteed onions, olives and chives.
A good suggestion for soup fans would be Sinuwam na Mais, young corn soup with shrimp and chili leaves, as well as classic soups such as Pancit Molo, Tinolang Manok, and Bulalo.
1911 M. Adriatico Street,
Remedios Circle, Malate, Manila
Monday – Friday
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
6:00 pm – 12:00 pm
Love and peace forever! I just received a nomination for the Liebster Blog Award!
The Liebster Blog Award is a chain letter-style award given to up and coming bloggers. It’s not really a contest, but a way to show appreciation for their posts, stories, and insights. Originally, this is given to those who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster”, as far as I’ve read, is German for “dearest” or “favorite”, which makes it a “favorite blog award” of sorts.
The rules of the Liebster Blog Award are as follows:
- When you receive the award, post 11 random facts about yourself and answers 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 3-5 (or even more, if you can) other blogs, and tell them that you nominated them!
- Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards your nominees.
- You’re not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated yours!
- Paste a picture of the award picture into your blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
Special thanks to Gpicks for the nomination!
11 Random (VERY RANDOM) Facts About Me:
1. I’m bipolar, or it seems I am.
2. I like to travel, or at least I’d like to.
3. I own a bunch of stuffed plushies, one of which is my mascot Kero-chan.
4. I can cook, though I can do better with a recipe book.
5. I’m a fan of Anthony Bourdain, Andrew Zimmern, and Roger Mooking.
6. Nowadays I don’t eat liver and other organ meats, not because I don’t like them, but because they’re too rich for me. (One word: Gout.)
7. My real dream was to be a broadcaster, though at some point before college I almost became a soldier, and then a priest.
8. I like black coffee. No sugar or milk, please.
9. I like listening to jazz and piano music.
10. I regularly meditate, though most of the time, my “sessions” focus on self-healing. For that, I take short, regular naps.
11. I love anime and manga. What’s so random about it? I’m 30 years old (as of this writing).
Then again, I also believe in the miracle of love, owing to the fact that I’ve survived with so little because of a lot of help, so I guess the ranking would be love/money, then fame.
Answer: Having the chance to try out a new cuisine, learn new cultures, and find new places and faces to admire.
Here are the blogs that I have nominated:
1. http://www.tuesdayrn.blogspot.com/ – Tuesday Quinto’s blog, which contains reading materials for nurses
2. http://romaislove.blogspot.com/ – Roma Agsalud’s personal blog, which also talks about her arts and crafts
3. http://ameramor.com – Amer Amor’s travel and soul-searching blog
4. http://seanakizuki.blogspot.com – Sean Akizuki’s blog, which has interesting insights about tokusatsu
EDIT: Just added the blogs of two Kates in my list:
1. What is love?
2. What (or who) inspires you to follow your dreams?
3.What do you do when you run out of inspiration or motivation?
4. What’s the best tourist destination you’ve visited?
5. What’s your favorite cuisine and dish?
6. What do you remember the most about your childhood?
7. How do you maintain positive vibes, and how do you combat negativity?
8. What’s the best thing you’ve ever done for another person?
9. Imagine you’re going to be executed tomorrow. You’re allowed to have one last meal. What will it be?
10. You are allowed to spend the last hour of your life in a place of your own choosing. Where will it be?
11. You will be given a role (main or cameo) in a TV series of your own choosing. What series will it be, and who will you portray?
Seriously though, if you, dear reader, know a blogger who’s hardworking, insightful, funny, and/or entertaining yet whose works doesn’t get a lot of attention, give him/her an Liebster. Bloggers need a lot of inspiration and motivation, not only from themselves but from others. Even just a bit of appreciation can make a blogger’s day and inspire him/her to write, explore, and post better.
Now then, go spread the love!