Let’s write Crime! Filipino writers were challenged to write tales of dark pathways and mysterious psyches, misdemeanor and trouble, dread and doubt.
#HeistClub was an online workshop facilitated by Mina V. Esguerra in the last quarter of 2015. The class was organized by Bronze Age Media and sponsored by Buqo and Enderun’s The Study.
Each crime story had to be set in the Philippines, and it had to be written in English. Each story should pave the way for a series, so it should be Case #1, with the next cases in the works for subsequent release. A foreign language needed to be incorporated into the story, with our sponsor, Enderun providing the writers free translation services.
The following mentors gave invaluable tips and lessons to the writers during the course of the workshop: Jennifer Hillier, F.H. Batacan, R.J. Taduran, Kevin Uy, Juliet Grames, and Andrea Pasion-Flores.
In the end, sixteen crime stories were produced. They were released in three ebook bundles on the Buqo application early this year. The bundle names are: What We Fear, Why We Run, and What We Hide.
#HeistClub: Why We Run
- Bayawak’s Trail by Justine Camacho-Tajonera
- The Fraud Hunter Book 1: Chasing an ATM Schemer by Racquel Sarah A. Castro
- The Retreat by Yeyet Soriano
- Come With Me by Michael Recto
- Inertia by Sette Luis
#HeistClub: What We Fear
- Till Death Do Us Apart by Irene Recio
- Soul Makers by Jee Ann Guibone
- Classified by Georgette S. Gonzales
- High Stakes by Ana Valenzuela
- Dressed to Kill by Cassandra Javier
#HeistClub: What We Hide
- Snakehead by Bianca Mori
- Sampaguita by Mark Manalang
- Let’s Play Murder by Farrah F. Polestico
- Corpus Delicti by Porcupine Strongwill
- The Flame Squad: Sly Prince by Jessica E. Larsen
- The Gung Ho Lady by Arlene Manocot
On June 25, 2016, at 6:00 to 9:00 PM at Enderun’s The Study, located at 4thFloor, Podium, Ortigas Center, the sixteen stories will be officially launched to the public. From the time they were released in their ebook bundles, some of the authors have refined, updated and enhanced their respective stories for release as stand-alone novels/novellas in multiple platforms: Buqo, Kindle, Smashwords, and print.